Saturday, November 15, 2014

Blog Post 13

What apps are educational for elementary students that use iPad's?

When I looked on the website, 15 Free Must Have iPad Apps for Elementary Students, I found three apps that I found most interesting for students to use in the classroom.

1. Bookabi- Bookabi has everything a student needs to tell stories. The app has 2D and 3D characters available for students to choose from to help tell their story. The app also has different backgrounds, stickers, text bubbles, and text to choose from to make their story. The students can use their own personal photos. This is a really useful app to help students tell a story they have written. It seems like a very educational app. I would let my students get in groups and come up with a story and then use this app to help their stories come to life.
Bookabi

2. Doodle Buddy- Students can paint with their fingers on an app! They can also add different stamps to their paintings. They can also connect with their friends and draw with them. I think this is a cool app, students can paint without getting messy and connect with their friends.
Doodle Buddy

3.Sushi Monster- It is a new game for students to get practice with math. It is also challenging for students. The student's will earn points when they get the correct answer. I like the sound of this and educational perception of this app. I would also use this app in my future classroom to help my students with math. I think it would engage students not only because it is a game, but because it involves food and a great way of learning. Who does not love a good meal and food?!
Sushi Monster


1 comment:

  1. Good choices. It would be interesting to see them put to use in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete