Friday, October 10, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camera Use in Teaching and Learning

Part A
Zogby and EDM310 show percentages of smartphone usage in this generation. EDM310 posted, 18-24 years of age:
1. 87% say their smartphone never leaves their side.
2. 80% say the very first thing they do in the morning is reach for their smartphone.
3. 78% say they spend 2 or more hours per day using their smartphone.
4. 68% say they would prefer to use their smartphone instead of their laptop or personal computer for personal use.
5. 91% say that having a camera on their smartphone is important (61% very important)
6. 87% say they use their smartphone camera at least weekly. 59% use their smartphone camera at least every other day. 44% use their smartphone camera for still or motion picture taking every day.
Smartphones are part of everyday life. I know for myself I fall into all of those percentages listed above. I also believe that majority of the population fall into those percentages as well. Zogby said, "It makes life easy", I agree, we have everything at our fingertips. We can access anything and everything we want from our smartphones. On the iPhones we can talk to Siri and she will find it for us, so yes it does make life a bit easier.
Everyone with a smartphone stores various types of information on the hard drive. Smartphones are like our "Life Lines". For example: if something was to happen to someones smartphone he or she might feel like their life was spiraling downward. It is very common to see everyone with a smartphone these days, including young children.
Brain and technology

Part B
By the time I become a teacher most of my students will have some kind of smartphone or tablet. I would use that in my classroom to my full advantage. I would have my students create various blogs. This would help them with their writing and spelling skills. I would also have them create iMovies, book trailers on their favorite books, and record themselves reading the book or sentences. The students could also do research on their smartphone or tablet. Technology is a great way to engage students and let them have fun and explore while learning. I myself, am learning so many different things, in EDM310, that I will be able to do with my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment