Friday, October 10, 2014

Blog Post 8

If you had one last speech to make before dying, What would it be?
After watching Randy Pausch's Last Lecture I was amazed. Randy is brilliant and passionate about everything he does. He is a prime example of no matter what our circumstance are we should never give up. He talks about his childhood dreams and how he achieved them because he did not give up when "brick walls" were in his way. Brick walls are there for a reason. He said, "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." I agree with him. Sometimes we do not get what we want so we learn from it and keep pushing on to do better so we can achieve that goal. I learned more about project based learning and how students' are having fun while learning. We all need to leave our mark when we move on through different parts of life, "Live on in something". He will live on through his program Alice. Not one single person can achieve their goals or childhood dreams alone. So who can help us? Parents, mentors, teachers, friends, and students. Randy asks a question that stood out, "Are you the Tigger or Eeyore?".
Which one are you, Tigger or Eeyore?

He listed tips to help people succeed:
Have fun!
Never lose childlike wonder
Help Others
Get people to help you
Be honest
Apologize
Focus on others, not yourself
Do the right thing, good things will happen
Show gratitude
Don't complain
Find the best in everyone
Be prepared

This video made me open my eyes and had me thinking about what my childhood dreams were and am I doing what I should be to achieve those dreams. I learned that life is never too bad to where we cannot achieve what we want. Randy seems to be amazing man and teacher, this video just shows how strong willed he is. He has inspired me to live my life and to go above and beyond, no matter how many "brick walls" I run into. He also inspired me to be the best teacher I can possibly be.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I loved how you added quotes and tips that randy had mentioned. The choice of images are brilliant. Always be the best you can be because your the only one who can be. Keep up the good work and you will be a great teacher.


    Paula

    ReplyDelete