Saturday, September 13, 2014

Project 15

1.WolfranAlpha is used for Educational purposes. It had an enormous amount of information on one topic when I typed something in. For example, when I typed in dog it gave me information on their organs. The diameter of a dogs eye ball is 0.83 inches and the brain weighs about 4.8 oz. It provided all the information someone could want to know. This website seems like it would be used for science purposes. I enjoyed reading the extra information about a dog that I did not know.
2.Dogpile reminded me of Google, but with a different title. It gives different places someone can search such as: Web, Images, Video, News, Local, Shopping, and White Pages.
3.Duck Duck Go gives different options other than websites. When I typed in the word water it gave me different types and pictures of water. It also gave me videos about water. This website has good, useful information.
4.Bing is more news related. It also has different historical aspects.
5.Yippy is research oriented. When I typed in the search engine it gave me different options to search from such as: Clouds, Sources, Sites, and Time. Each option has information underneath it. It is great for research.
6.Yahoo is good for emailing, news, finance, weather, etc. Yahoo gives tons of options.
7.Kid Rex is GREAT for children. It is a website that is safe for children to search. It is very adorable and welcoming to children. I will use this website in the future for my students.
8.GoGoGooligans is also safe for children and teens. It is an educational website. It will be great for children and teens to use in school.

Kid-Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment