Friday, September 5, 2014

Blog post 3

By watching What is Peer Editing? and reading the slideshow Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial I learned a great amount on peer editing. I did not realize how taking a positive approach on editing ones paper can be so helpful towards my peers. Adriana Zardini said in her slideshow(slide 5), "Think about how you would feel if someone were telling you what needed to be improved in your own writing..." I agree one hundred percent with that! I now know how to approach someone when I have to edit their paper. The video and slideshow were helpful with learning how to take peer editing step by step.

The humorous video Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes was very adorable. The video has shown me different ways to not edit someones paper. The video kept my attention while I was learning new information about peer editing. The video could also be shown in an Elementary classroom to help students understand on what not to do when it comes to peer editing. Always be a constructive critic!

Stay Positive



2 comments:

  1. Jerica,
    Great post on peer editing! I 100% agree about staying positive while giving a peer feedback on their piece of writing. I think that it is more effective when both peers follow the steps: compliment, suggest, and correct. I know that when I have a peer read my paper, I take seriously what suggestions they have and I wouldn't take them seriously if they were rude. I agree always be a constructive critic, but in a positive way!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete