Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blog Post 5

In Developing A Personal Learning Network in EDM310 it describes a Personal Learning Network (PLN) as a place, person, organization, or activity that enables one to learn. PLN's can help me as a teacher in the future to connect with not only my students but other professionals around me. There are several ways to create a PLN such as: blogs, Twitter, Facebook, social gatherings, etc. I am connected to Twitter and Blogger and I follow professionals and other students. I want to connect with them so I can advance my learning. The video How to Start a PLN explains how to start your own personal PLN.



Personal Learning Network has advantages for everyone around the world. In Steve Anderson's video What My PLN Means to ME he explains why having a PLN is necessary. It helps teachers grow as educators in the fact that he or she is connecting with so many people beyond the school. It helps educators learn from other educators, so they can teach their students. I do believe that having a Personal Learning Network is important for everyone. Furthermore, we as teachers, educators and people in general can learn outside of our desks by taking it to a different level.

Social Media

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jerica. I agree with your post and thought it was great. The video was informative and also humorous. PLN's are great for students and also teachers. It gives us, soon to be teachers, a chance to teach and learn at the same time. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerica, I love the video. Absolutely, a great addition. I am still a little confused on PLN's myself, but I know that Twitter is becoming a very cool little tool for use in them. I definitely agree that PLN's are a great tool in the education role. It is a great way to connect to other educators and students and I'm looking forward to building mine. Thanks for a great post! :)

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. The e in "educators" does not need to be capitalized. Have you looked at some of the sites you can use to help organize your PLN, like Symbaloo or Netvibes?

    ReplyDelete